Getting help to see doctors outside of your area

I spoke to a few people when Jason and I were at the confrence in Philly. A few of you told me about funds to help you take your child to see doctors outside of your area. If you can provide me with that information, I know a family in NH that really needs to get her son to clinis outside of NH.

Thanks

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

miracleflights.org will pay for 1 parent and 1 child to fly to a dr of thier choice/need.
depending on where they are going, the hospital often has great rates at hotels OR if it is for a longer stay, the Ronald McDonald house could be a free option...
Adele,

Are you talking about travel expenses for the trip or are you talking about medical expenses when you see the doctor or both?

I take Nick to see Brenda Wong and his doctor visits are covered by MDA and tests are all done by his own doctors prior to the trip. I bring a copy of all the tests when I go to see her. Cincinnati Children’s hospital has a Guest Services department that works with travel and provides hotels that offer discounts and also information about flights at discounts. Lori has provided some excellent tips on traveling.

Some families do fund raising to offset the traveling expenses they have also.

Let us know if this is the type of information you want.
Funding to help pay for a visit to doctors far away. This mom, Her son really needs to see a very good pulminologist. Her son develop pneunomia after a short illness. He is on Dipap, 24/7 now. The doctors said that if he can't be weaned off in a few days, they are going to ttach him. He's 18. She's looking to take him to either Boston or Dr Bach. I know that if she taking him to an MDA clinic, MDA will pay, but it's the travel expensives that she really might have trouble with.

Adele

Julie Garcia said:
Adele,

Are you talking about travel expenses for the trip or are you talking about medical expenses when you see the doctor or both?

I take Nick to see Brenda Wong and his doctor visits are covered by MDA and tests are all done by his own doctors prior to the trip. I bring a copy of all the tests when I go to see her. Cincinnati Children’s hospital has a Guest Services department that works with travel and provides hotels that offer discounts and also information about flights at discounts. Lori has provided some excellent tips on traveling.

They have a new clinic at Mass General Hospital which is similar to the interdisciplinary program they have in Cincinatti. I live in NH and if we were not already seeing Dr.Wong I would be going there. I think we may go there for our 6 month follow ups. Dr.Brian Tseng it the lead doctor there and Dr.Wong says he is very good.

Here is the link http://www.massgeneral.org/children/specialtiesandservices/neuromus...
Ellen may I give this mom your contact info? She is also in NH.

Eileen DeLong said:
They have a new clinic at Mass General Hospital which is similar to the interdisciplinary program they have in Cincinatti. I live in NH and if we were not already seeing Dr.Wong I would be going there. I think we may go there for our 6 month follow ups. Dr.Brian Tseng it the lead doctor there and Dr.Wong says he is very good.

Here is the link http://www.massgeneral.org/children/specialtiesandservices/neuromus...
Sure, I would love to help anyway I can.
Julie Garcia said:
Adele,

Julie - is the MDA in CA paying for this, or the MDA in Cincinnati. The Cinncinnati health care coordinator told me last month that they have no funds to pay for out of town people, and if they did, it could only pay $60.
can you send me your email addy? If you do not want to publish it here, you may email me directly at jasona65@verizon.net
Eileen DeLong said:
I sent you an email

Adele said:
can you send me your email addy? If you do not want to publish it here, you may email me directly at jasona65@verizon.net
Eileen DeLong said:
The email I sent did not go through.
My home email is july28th@comcast.net

Eileen DeLong said:
I sent you an email

Adele said:
Eileen DeLong said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service