Not sure where to post this, but CLOTHING HELP? Easy fasten pants???

My DS is seven, and he's never been great with getting dressed. He can do it, but it's not fun...so he avoids it. And buttons/snaps are a physical stumbling ground for him (and ME, because I have rheumatoid arthritis!). He's not a big kid, and I've been able to keep him in elastic-waist jeans by Faded Glory (WalMart) until now, but he's outgrowing their toddler (5T) sizes now. He doesn't like sweat pants at all.

Help me find some jeans (hopefully affordable!) or give me some more ideas for my not-so-strong-or-coordinated-in-the-fingers little sweetheart?!?

THANK YOU!!!

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have all been there! I got some really great Khaki's at Gap this year for school, they have an elastic waist. Old Navy has some really cool track pants.(not sweats)
My son is thirteen and its hard to find cool pants without snaps and buttons. Kohls has some nice looking Addias breakaway pants too!
Good luck!
Hi,
Here is a link to a company that has adaptive clothing for kids with options like velcro flys.
http://easyaccessclothing.com/
Try looking at school uniform pants also. They usually come in navy blue and khaki and you can find the elastic waist. Justins wears sweat pants and shorts with elastic in the waist. We love the break away pants. For those boys about to go into chairs, we buy a size or two larger of pants and underwear. Its easier to get down and up for the urinal and toilet!

-=-Samantha
Hi,

Try Lands End (www.landsend.com) they have some elastic waist cargo pants and some really nice elastic waist twill shorts that seem to come in a wide range of sizes.

Susan
I buy the Sears cotton cargo pants, right from the catalogue. They come in blue jean,
black jean, cord, navy & beige. Elastic waist, nice light jean material, and easy to
hem, because they tend to be a bit long. They come in little boy sizes right up to
big boy sizes 18.

When he was smaller I bought all his pants from Northern Getaway. (in Canada only)
Tons of elastic waist band pants, always trendy.
I'm not really sure what type of jeans for boys are out there, since I am a girl with duchenne.
But you should google it, and sometimes quest magazine has those type of ads.
Hi Melanie,

My son is seven also, and has the same problem. We were able to find him jeans with an elastic waist at JCPenney's. They're Arizona brand, I think in the store they're advertised as pull-on pants. When I bought them they were on sale for $9.99. The thing I like about them besides the elastic waist is they aren't too long. Cole can wear a 5 regular and they fit fine, unlike most pants that fit in the waist but are way too long.
Good luck!

Kim
We have bought jeans at Sears that have slide clasps. They are called Canyon River Blues. My son loves them because he also does not do snaps well.
We also use Sears Canyon River Blues with the slide clasp (age almost 6). A plus with the Sears brand is if they wear out the jeans (holes in the knees from falling), Sears will replace them with an identical pair (no receipt necessary). They also have the adjustable waist which we need. I buy this brand for all my boys.
check out a company called Hanna Anderson - children's mfger out of Oregon. Not cheap but she does make some draw string pants in nice materials. Her clothing really is well made and lasts a long time. Char Burke - Seattle
We get the same brand for Alex, though he can dress himself. They have an elastic waste band that's stretchy enough to simply pool up, but they also fasten with a flat hook and eye that's easier than some of the stiffer buttons and snaps.

Kim Eichelberger said:
Hi Melanie,

My son is seven also, and has the same problem. We were able to find him jeans with an elastic waist at JCPenney's. They're Arizona brand, I think in the store they're advertised as pull-on pants. When I bought them they were on sale for $9.99. The thing I like about them besides the elastic waist is they aren't too long. Cole can wear a 5 regular and they fit fine, unlike most pants that fit in the waist but are way too long.
Good luck!

Kim
Hi all I actually am doing any and all alterations for the parnets of this site. I have 2 boys in chairs and the clothing issue has been a hard one to get around, but I have found the solution for us all. The fee is very reasonable. I can alter your exsiting clothing, or buy them and alter them for you. Just let me know.

My email is TanyaTreas@aol.com I call my pants buddie bottoms. I am working on a website at present. I make pull on jeans and any type of pants you need too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service