So, who is running this year and how are you doing with your training? In the past we all kept a weekly update on how things were going and hoped to start the discussion here. It is three months away and will be a great break for all who are running and those coming to cheer the runners.

I will run the full marathon again this year and hope for cooler weather...My training in Maine will be a bit different than the weather in Florida!

Brian Denger

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Brian,
Both Dan and I are doing the 1/2 marathon along with my brother and his wife. We are all up to 6 miles and going strong. My sister and her husband will be doing the full this year and are doing the baltimore 1/2 this weekend as practice. hope all are well. say Hi to Alice and boys for us.
The Garofalo clan
Thanks for stepping up to the challenge again Jenny!

It is great you, Dan and you brother and his wife will participate. A great team effort! So, are you doing any training together? How did your brother and his wife make out in Baltimore? I also raced a half marathon on October 5 as a tune up for the New York City Marathon I am running on November 2. It was a good race.

For people who aren't running for a specific time there is a great website that has plans to help you train for the half or full distances. Jeff Galloway is an ex-Olympic marathon runner who has a wonderful site with plans for all levels of experience. I recommend his site for those just wanting to finish or non-serious runners. For the half marathon go to: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/half_marathon.html and for the full go to: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html I use a slightly more aggressive plan and adapted it to my schedule.

It would be great to learn how others are doing. What kind of mileage are you running weekly and what type of long run have you done or plan to do?

Best to all Disney World runners!

Brian Denger
Hey there.... so glad you are running again Brian.

I need to get the word out that we only have 2 weeks left to register folks... and Disney is being VERY tight this year with registations so there will be no wiggle room. So if you hear from anyone thinking about registering now is the time. Oct 31 will come up on us very quikcly!

See you soon... hope all is well.
Love to the family.
Kim
Hello Kimberly,

I know you are very busy with the Disney Marathon approaching soon. (Good Luck, I hope all goes well) I have a quick question for you. Is it possible to sign up for the Flying Pig in Cincinnati. I seem to be having trouble registering my husband for the race. Could someone get back to me and maybe help me with the registering process.
Thank you, Karen Jones
Hi Karen.

Call Sandra in the New Jersey office. It may be a bit early to register through PPMD.

Best of luck!

Brian Denger
Karen,

Hope you had a nice holiday. We would love to have you join PPMD's Run For Our Sons Team at the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon in May. Just go onto the Run For Our Sons website and go to Upcoming Races. Click on Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon to register. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Best wishes for a happy New Year!
Hey Brian,
Thanks for the info. Good luck in Disney. My husband, older son, sister and myself have done the 1/2 Marathons the past three years and really enjoyed it. This year we could not afford it. We definitely are planning for next year. Thank you for running and I wish you the best. Do your boys go, as well? My son Scott is 13, he always enjoyed going and cheering us on. (Not to mention the rides and time off school). Are there alot of runner this year? Have you done the Flying Pig before or is this the first year? We are from Cincinnati originally, but I think, this year was the first time I saw it listed on the PPMD website. Thanks again for your help. Karen
Brian Denger said:
Hi Karen.

Call Sandra in the New Jersey office. It may be a bit early to register through PPMD.

Best of luck!

Brian Denger
Hey Sandra,
Thanks for the information. I just registered my husband and I think I omitted the s in his name. It should be phelps not phelp. Could you check the spelling and maybe correct my error? Thanks again. Karen

Sandra said:
Karen,

Hope you had a nice holiday. We would love to have you join PPMD's Run For Our Sons Team at the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon in May. Just go onto the Run For Our Sons website and go to Upcoming Races. Click on Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon to register. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Best wishes for a happy New Year!
Hi Karen,

I ran May of this year (2008) as my first time. I'd have to rank the course as a great "challenging" course. The first five miles are fairly flat with the bridges as the only real hills, but enter Eden Park and the hills get serious. It is not a course for anyone who wants to run a personal best!

My wife and I are taking our boys and my daughter is running the Half Marathon. We probably won't go to the parks, yet we will lounge around the pool and visit Downtown Disney. There are fewer runners than last year, but this event is my favorite and always seems to do well for PPMD!

I will think of Scott at mile 13. I save my sons for the later miles when I need a bit of a boost. I try to remember as many boys as I've met or know throughout the race.

Brian
Brian,

Are you doing the full and half marathons? We will be thinking of you and your daughter during the Marathons. I will tell Scott that you will be thinking of him on mile 13. He will appreciate your thoughtfulness. If you decide to do the Flying Pig Marathon this year maybe we could meet with you and your family. Enjoy lounging around the pool, you and your daughter definitely will need it and deserve it. Good luck with the Marathon and thank you for running for all of our boys.
Karen
Hi Karen,

I am doing just the full. I plan to do the Flying Pig...I will let you know!

Best to all!

Brian

Karen Jones said:
Brian,

Are you doing the full and half marathons? We will be thinking of you and your daughter during the Marathons. I will tell Scott that you will be thinking of him on mile 13. He will appreciate your thoughtfulness. If you decide to do the Flying Pig Marathon this year maybe we could meet with you and your family. Enjoy lounging around the pool, you and your daughter definitely will need it and deserve it. Good luck with the Marathon and thank you for running for all of our boys.
Karen
Hey Brian! I'm a little late hitting the message board, but better late than never. My training has gone very well this year. I missed the race last year b/c of knee issues secondary to a piriformis injury. I've completed (2) twenty mile runs, and one 23 mile run. I've been tapering for the last 2 weeks and my legs felt kind of heavy/achy with a 6 mile run last night. I'm hoping my training will carry me through and I don't fall apart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service