Hi there, I'm new to the community. My son was diagnosed two months ago. We would love to find other families in San Diego who could mentor us on our journey. Also, would love to find other kids to spend time with that are Jake's age.

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Wendy,
I'm sorry to hear about your son. I know this time is a hard one-my son, Elijah was diagnosed 3 years ago and is eight (almost nine) years old. We also live in San Diego (just moved back a month ago from AZ). I would love to be able to connect with you and your son. I'm not sure how old your son is, but it is always nice to be able to communicate and meet up with other families who are in the same situation. What part of SD do you live? We're in N. County-San Marcos. Also, I wanted to let you know about an awesome group that we are a part of...Kick for a Cure. It is an annual soccer tournament that my friend, Helena, has founded with the help of some great people-to raise money to fund research and practical accomodations and therapy for boys (and girls) with Duchenne in San Diego.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kelli Miller
www.hotmail.com
www.caringbridge.org/visit/elijahjamesmiller
Hi Kelli,

We'd love to get together. My son is 4.5. I have a daughter who is 6.5 and a 1-year old too. We live in Rancho Penasquitos area. I'd love to learn more about the group you mentioned. We need to get out there and learn as much as we can about our guy. Thanks for making contact.

Wendy
Wendy,

Here's the group Kelli is talking about: Kick for a Cure.

My family lives up in Vista. I work in Poway, right next to you, but will be commuting to Santa Ana starting Oct. 6.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service