finding other families in San Diego with young children

Hi there,

I'm new to the community. My son was diagnosed two months ago. We would love to find other families in San Diego who could mentor us on our journey (school issues, diet to support steriods, etc.). Also, it would be great to put Jake in touch with other kids who experience life like he does.

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wendy, We live in Poway, just North of San Diego. We just moved here in May. Our son Jimmy, aged 5, was diagnosed a year ago. Any help we can offer, just ask. Like Patty, I will add you as a "friend".
Cheers,
Rod
Hi there,

Glad to hear there are other people out there who can relate to our new reality. Jake is 4.5 and we live in Rancho Penasquitos. I would love to get together at some point. Are there ever events that make that possible?

We're trying to decide when and what medication to initiate (e.g., steriods), I'd be very greatful for input or resources that you think would be helpful to us. Any drs. in the area that we should be sure to see? Jake is pretty much functioning normally at this time. I don't want to over do it with appointments, but I want to make sure we are thorough and comprehensive.

Glad to know you're out there.
Wendy Bertellotti said:
Hi there,

Glad to hear there are other people out there who can relate to our new reality. Jake is 4.5 and we live in Rancho Penasquitos. I would love to get together at some point. Are there ever events that make that possible?

We're trying to decide when and what medication to initiate (e.g., steriods), I'd be very greatful for input or resources that you think would be helpful to us. Any drs. in the area that we should be sure to see? Jake is pretty much functioning normally at this time. I don't want to over do it with appointments, but I want to make sure we are thorough and comprehensive.

Glad to know you're out there.
Wendy,
We see Dr Sahagian at the Children's hospital. She is relatively new there. We have only seen here once so far, although the next appointment is coming up soon. We ahve also made an appointment to see Dr Wong in December (our plan is to use Dr Sahagian's group as the local contact, but to see Dr Wong once a year, as I feel she is more experienced in this, and her group is highly recommneded). The only criticism I have so far with the Children's hospital is that youcant seem to get a single appointment to meet all the relevant people (ie cardio, pulmonary, diet, etc) but keep having to go back on seperate days, which means Jimmy is always getting pulled out of school, which he does not like. Jimmy will be starting steroids any day (we have had them sitting on the kitchen shelf for 2-3 months, but realize we have to bite the bullet)!
You are only ~15 minutes away from where we live, so we should definetely set up a play date, as they are both in the same age group. Jimmy also has a brother and sister of the same age (he is one of triplets), and he is still active and tries to keep up with his hyper active brother. What school will Jake be going to?
Talk to you later,
Rod
In the CA Families group (http://community.parentprojectmd.org/group/califamilies), I added an MDA Picnic thread for San Diego that is happening this weekend.

I am not big on the MDA, but we do attend some of their functions here and there. Last year, the picnic was nice.
Hi Roderick,
Would still love to get together with you all. Would you all be available for a playdate over the weekend in October?
Wendy Bertellotti

Roderick Scott said:
Wendy, We live in Poway, just North of San Diego. We just moved here in May. Our son Jimmy, aged 5, was diagnosed a year ago. Any help we can offer, just ask. Like Patty, I will add you as a "friend".
Cheers,
Rod
Wendy,
Just sent a message to your own site, would love to meet in October. Call myself or Cathy, we will definately figure something out, looking forward to meeting you and your family,
Rod

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service