My husband and I have been agonizing over the steroid decision for the past year. We are finally ready to pursue it further. I understand the preference for deflazacort and know you can only order it from out of the country. I am wondering, however, how much it costs. How much do you pay for your son's deflazacort?
Thanks,
Danelle

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It depends on your doseage. My son is 6 and takes 15mg. We pay just less than $300 every 6 mths including shipping.
Hi Danelle,

Like you, my husband and I also agonized over the decision for over a year. Visiting Dr. Wong was the reason we were finally made the decision to start our son on deflaz. He just started less than two weeks ago and although I am still nervous, so far, he seems to be tolerating it very well. We placed our first order in late May and paid $179 including shipping for a three month supply. It varies based on your son's dosage, but in our case because he is so small, it's actually more expensive now than it will be when he gains a few more pounds. and his dosage is increased.
Hello,till today I didn't start to use DEFLAZACORT yet but in the schort futur I'll.
Deflazacort 6mg 18.20$
Deflazacort 30mg 18.85$
Shipping is 15.50$ by express airmail.
Please contact :julie.emms@masters-uk.com
I'm just wondering why lot of parents from the east coast take their kids tocincinatti to see Dr wong,what's the difference betwen her and the doctors atfor ex) chophiladelphia,etc
Is it because Dr Wong knows more about DMD OR WHAT?
Where do you order your deflazacort? could you provide the contact information so that we can get started with our two boys? Thank you.
Lori Ware said:
It depends on your doseage. My son is 6 and takes 15mg. We pay just less than $300 every 6 mths including shipping.
medicines@masters-uk.com CALL US: +1.800.969.1152
Here in Canada we pay around $30.00 for a two month supply.

Naomi
We live on the East coast and pay $288.00 every 3 months for deflazacort. Our son takes 18mg daily ( 3- 6mg tablets).
The ordering process is an easy one. You need to obtain a prescription for deflazacort, fax it to Master's Marketing (UK). The fax # is 1-800-969-1153. Telephone # is 1-800-969-1152 ( I speak directly to Julie Emms). International # 44-845-402-4406. They can only send you a 3 month supply at a time. It usuallyly takes one week to get the product to us once we initiate the call.

I think an alternate place to get them from is Canadadrugs.com.

Our son gained 8.8 lbs in 9 months while taking prednisone. We switched him to deflazacort and he's gained 1 pound but gained almost an inch in height, too, in a 3 month time span.

Good luck and let me know if I can help in any other way.

Tina

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service