I just wanted to find out if anyone may have some suggestions for dosages for a 2 year old. My son takes 1 packet of Juven a day as well as half of a Protandim. I first wanted to find out if I may be overdosing him. I haven't noticed any negative side effects, but was curious to what other parents are giving. I mix twice as much water as recommended and he actually loves to drink it. Also, if anyone knows how many mg's or g's of Green Tea Extract is in Protandim? and if I should be giving him more just plain old Green Tea Extract?

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I open a capsule of 315 mg of Green Tea Extract and use 1/2 of it each day and mix it with the 1/2 pill of crushed Protandim and then scoop out a little dip in a teaspoon of applesauce, then cover it wth applesauce. I do this twice and Kelvin has never complained once. The amount is what I came up with after reviewing lots of studies, as I wish he could take more Green Tea Extract as the benefits worldwide have been found to be great, but he takes so much already, I felt this would be fine, until he will swallow the capsule. My son is 5 and I'd certainly give more if I could. I don't remember exactly how much is in the Protandim, but I can't imagine a real unsafe dose, except for the caffeine. Maybe someone else knows of an unsafe dose. Thanks, Michelle
Michelle anf Tonya

I also give my son a daily dose of green tea extract ( 315mg - capsule form). It is much better to get this in them the old natural way but my son hates to drink tea/sweet tea/green tea/ decaff. tea. So, he gets it in pill form. I even bought the decaff extract type in a vial form and tried to slip it into his drink once. He detected the taste immediately and yelled, "Yuck!". He also takes a whole protandim daily. I believe each tablet contains 75mg of green tea.

I give our son his protandim and green tea supplement apart from one another and at least 3 hours before bedtime or else he struggles with getting to bed at a reasonable hour.

Dr. McCord can recommend a safe dose for your son. Here is his email address.
Joe.McCord@UCHSC.edu
Good luck!

Tina
Can I ask you, do you see any improvements with the supplemants? I am not sure if we should start my nephew with the supplements as he only 4. I have read good things about green tea but none to say it has helped anyone with Duchenne. When we asked his doctor, she brushed it off.
Can I ask you, do you see any improvements with the supplemants? I am not sure if we should start my nephew with the supplements as he only 4. I have read good things about green tea but none to say it has helped anyone with Duchenne. When we asked his doctor, she brushed it off.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service