It's been almost a year since I lost Kory to this horrible disease!! I cried almost all weekend thinking about those last few days we had with him. I received a card from the hospital on Friday and also a note from the local MDA office requesting a video of Kory for the telethon. Last year, Kory passed away the Friday before the telethon. The funeral was held on the day before labor day. It use to tear me up to watch this every year when Kory was alive. Now it tears me to watch it know that he's not there with them & us.

I didn't realize that the new board had been created but kept wondering why there was little activity on the other board. I found the other board late in my experiences with Kory and I find this board late in dealing with approaching year mark. Now I know!!

I come here today with a heavy heart because of several things. One is the fast approaching day that Kory went to be Jesus. The second is telethon and thinking about Kory not being there for the 2nd year. Thirdly, because I am now am faced with some serious health issues of my own. It's still hard for to put my health first. Kory always came first and I never realized that my body was telling me things and I wasn't listening.

Someday I will know why we have had to endure the heartache of losing our son. Right now I don't feel like there is answer to suffering. I'm hurting and it doesn't seem to end.

I love the fact that pictures are easier to attach to the new site!!!

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kimberly,

Thank you for sharing your heart and life with Korey with us. You are special to us here at PPMD Community and I am so glad you joined. I am so sorry for your loss. I don't ever want to imagine what you have gone through and I hope one day soon there will be a cure here on earth so that no one else ever has to go through it. But we know heaven provides the cure for eternity and imagine Korey watching over us with a smile on his face while in the arms of Jesus and not being bound by MD.

Kari
Kimberly,
I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had words to comfort you or I could reach out and give you a hug. I think you are incredibly strong for enduring all you have and what you are going through now. Please know that you are strength for us that are 'new' to this journey. I am glad that you are here and that I can see pictures of Kory's beautiful face and 'hear' your story. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Rhi
Kimberly,
It goes without saying that I am sorry for your loss. It is something none of us ever want to have to face. When we read about your son, it definitely hurts our hearts as well. I pray that God will give you strength to face every day and I thank you for sharing your story. My heart aches so much and my son is still here on Earth with me. I can't imagine your pain or sorrow but know that you are in my prayers. May God give you peace.
Love, Deirdre
I not only have a son with duchenne, I also had an older brother with duchenne. He passed in the 70's. My mother told me years after his death that if she had not endured loosing him it would have meant never having had the opportunity to love him. My heart goes out to you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service