I was talking to Traci last night and we thought it would be a great idea if we all posted when we were going to see Dr. Wong so that we can arrange ahead of time to get together with all the families while we were there. I am still contemplating the best way to do this whether by discussion or group so any discussions would be great and dates as well. I am taking Jared for the first time to see Dr. Wong November 11 - 14 but we will be there the entire week from November 8 - 15 or 16. I know several of you will be there also but remind me who and when exactly. I am so looking forward to getting together with other families during our trip!

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're headed there next week, 11th-15th (appts 12th-14th).
Hi! We're taking Jacob, who is 5, sometime in January -- I need to double-check the date. While you are there, I recommend you check out the children's museum. Jacob really liked it. And the hospital can set you up with free tickets. If you haven't yet made your hotel reservations, I also recommend Garfield Suites. It's not super fancy, and it doesn't have its own pool (although I think guests can use the one at the Y down the street) it's very spacious and has a kitchen, like a little apartment but with all the amenities of a hotel for a comparable price.
We enjoyed the Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront (just across the river in Covington). The price was the same as most anywhere else, they have a nice pool and hot tub and have a shuttle to Children's, they were very nice to us. The only complaint I'd have was that there are 2 places to eat (1 a pub with only a few food choices and 1 a nice restaurant on top of the hotel (expensive and fancy), no continental breakfast, but they did have a small refrig in the room. We ate breakfast at the hospital. They have a lot of options for food to eat and it worked fine for us. I'll be in Cincinnati January 20th, 2009 and August 26th and 27th, 2009, unless something changes. Will anyone be there on those dates I mentioned? Thanks, Michelle
I think we're going in December but I'm not sure of the dates yet. We may possibly be there in January though. I will find out next week.
We will be there November 11-14 with Kari! Yeah!
We are planning to go again in January. We are actually due to go in Dec. but Tom will be able to get off work more easily in January. I was just thinking we should start a group but not sure of a good name for our group.....Dr. Wong Patients, Cincinnati Children's Hospital? Any ideas? I definately think finding out who will be there ahead of time is a great idea.
I like the idea of a group of Dr. Wong's patients so we always know where to look before going, so we know who will be there. My first visit in May was extremely rewarding and I feel so, so lucky to meet the other parents that I did. It has helped me a lot to know a few folks personally who I can turn to with questions. Michelle

Lisa Jones said:
We are planning to go again in January. We are actually due to go in Dec. but Tom will be able to get off work more easily in January. I was just thinking we should start a group but not sure of a good name for our group.....Dr. Wong Patients, Cincinnati Children's Hospital? Any ideas? I definately think finding out who will be there ahead of time is a great idea.
My husband and I will be taking Wyatt there Sept 13-16. Our appt is on the 16th. We are staying at a Marriott hotel there. This will be our 1st time see Dr. Wong. We can't wait to see her and hopefully meet some other families.

Jessica
Just a thought, I think that it would probably be better to have a group. So it would be easier to check when other would be there. I don't know how to make the group but maybe someone else a little more computer savvy would do it.

Jessica
We'll be taking Cole to CCHMC the week of 11/10. Our itinerary isn't finalized - but I expect the appointments will be spread over 3-4 days. This will be our 4th annual visit - haven't thought about where we will stay this time. The Crowne Plaza was nice last year - but it will depend on if my husband can take time off of work and travel with us or not.
Polly,
Yeah! Ya'll will be there the same time as Kari and I! We are trying to stay at the same hotel. If you are interested, contact Kari about where they are staying. I will probably just follow suit, I have not made accomidations yet.

Rhi

Polly Sundeen said:
We'll be taking Cole to CCHMC the week of 11/10. Our itinerary isn't finalized - but I expect the appointments will be spread over 3-4 days. This will be our 4th annual visit - haven't thought about where we will stay this time. The Crowne Plaza was nice last year - but it will depend on if my husband can take time off of work and travel with us or not.
I will be taking Deacon for his 1st appt. Dec.9th-11th. If anyone else will be there then we would love to know. I am a bit nervous, and would love to meet some other families. Let me know.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service