I was wandering if there are certain shoes that are good for our boys. Are tennis shoes the best? Has anyone found that some shoes are better than others? I was just thinking about it and figured I would ask before I go out and buy Wyatt some new shoes.

Thanks,
Jessica

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nike makes some shoes that have very flexible soles. We found him to have an easier time walking between ages 2-5 when he wore Nike's. (not high tops)

We found them at Kids Foot Locker where you can decide from a huge selection by bending them all to compare.
I always look for lightweight tennis shoes and sandals.
I remember Dr. Escolar telling me a few years back that flip-flops were NOT good and should only be worn for short periods of time.

My son also has flat feet, so finding good, comfortable sneakers is always a challenge!
I think that Nikes are the best shoes too. Any shoe with a flexible bottom seems to work best for my son. He also has very flat feet, so I try to find a shoe with a good arch support. We stay away from shoes that don't bend. He really wants a pair of McQueen Croqs, but I won't let him. He would totally biff it.
Hightops have been recommended to me by both physical therapists and my son's orthopedic surgeon. They really help support the ankle and keep the foot and keep the heel cord more stretched. My son still has little feet for his age (toddler size 8), so I whenever I see a well made pair of hightops or workboots, I will be them in a couple of sizes. There is a website called 6pm.com that has a huge selection of high tops.

I do alternate his shoes and also allow him to wear low top lightweight tennis shoes every couple of days.
My son is still young, he is 18 months. I love Ecco sandals for him, they have a very high supportive back. I also like geox sneakers.
Nike "T-Run" and "Dart" are the best I've found. Super light weight!
My son is 10 going on 11, we use New Balance...they make wide shoes and are light. No need to add to the weight, it's just harder to walk.
Melinda,

I have to ask, what does "biff it" mean?

Melinda Colby said:
I think that Nikes are the best shoes too. Any shoe with a flexible bottom seems to work best for my son. He also has very flat feet, so I try to find a shoe with a good arch support. We stay away from shoes that don't bend. He really wants a pair of McQueen Croqs, but I won't let him. He would totally biff it.
" Biff It" means to : fall, crash, stumble, bite the dust, rip a new one, etc..
My son Kevin is 11 and he wears the Dunlop runners and he loves them. The other normal runners are just too high for him. Tennis shoes are the best so far I have found as he walks on his toes and these shoes somehow manage to help him keep flat foot too at times while standing.
We also found that New Balance was good for Roland because they are wider. Now that he is full time in his wheelchair, we have found that tennis shoes that are a little long for him work best because he has such a thick, wide foot.

Kristi Powell said:
My son is 10 going on 11, we use New Balance...they make wide shoes and are light. No need to add to the weight, it's just harder to walk.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service