Measuring liquid supplements and vitamins for younger children

My daughter is having a problem measuring the liquid vitamin D for her sons. Ages 3 3/4 and 2 years old. She bought Calciferol Vitamin D liquid supplement. She is supposed to give them 1000 units per day. The bottle states that each .05 milliliter is 400 units, however the dropper that comes with the bottle has no measurements on it. The first pharmacy she called didn't have such a measurer for her to buy. Before she keeps calling pharmacies, did any of you run into this problem with your little ones and where did you obtain the dropper with measurements on it.
Also, Jack, who is her 2 years old, needs to take CoQ10. I understand this does not come in liquid form. I wonder if anyone can give me some solutions how to administer the CoQ10 to a 2 year old. Terry Porcaro (Cole and Jack's Grandma)

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would think your local pharmacy has pill crushers for sale. You can crush the pill and then mix it into a spoonful of applesauce\yogurt or such (never done it - but don't see why it wouldn't work)
I have no idea on a dropper. We just use a regular medicine syringe from WalMart. But CoQ10 does come in liquid form. It's what we use. We buy ours from . They have a few different strengths. We get the Double Strength LiQ-10. It has 100mg/5mL (tsp). Not sure what doctor you see, but if you're a patient of Dr. Wong, just put that in your comment box and you'll get a discount. Our bottle costs us $80 after the discount. Shipping is $6. I believe that's per order, not per bottle. The advantage to the liquid is that it is suppose to be more bioavailable.
Hi Laurie and Paul: Thanks for your replies. Laurie, you started to say where you buy the liquid form of CoQ10, but your sentence was finished. I wonder if you could re-post that. Terry

Laurie Paschal said:
I have no idea on a dropper. We just use a regular medicine syringe from WalMart. But CoQ10 does come in liquid form. It's what we use. We buy ours from . They have a few different strengths. We get the Double Strength LiQ-10. It has 100mg/5mL (tsp). Not sure what doctor you see, but if you're a patient of Dr. Wong, just put that in your comment box and you'll get a discount. Our bottle costs us $80 after the discount. Shipping is $6. I believe that's per order, not per bottle. The advantage to the liquid is that it is suppose to be more bioavailable.
Sorry about that, Terry. I tried to put in a link. Guess it didn't work. It's http://www.epic4health.com
The dose should be 1.25ml for the vitamin D. I am an RN and just used our regular dosing calculation. I hope this helps.

Jessica
Peggy: Thank you for your reply. My daughter did finally find a pharmacy that could help her, and he said the same exact dosage as you recommended. He also gave her a syringe to measure it. I appreciate your help. Terry

Peggy said:
The dose should be 1.25ml for the vitamin D. I am an RN and just used our regular dosing calculation. I hope this helps.

Jessica
Laurie: Earlier this month, you were telling me about the liquid form of CoQ10 and supplied me with the link for purchasing it. Is this pleasant tasting or do you have to mix it with something to disguise the taste? How do you administer it to your son? I'm open to anyone's suggestions. Terry

Laurie Paschal said:
Sorry about that, Terry. I tried to put in a link. Guess it didn't work. It's http://www.epic4health.com
It's an orange pineapple flavor. Sam has never balked at the taste. I've tasted it a bit and it's sweet, but really not bad at all. I've never once had to mix it with anything. I give it to him with a medicine syringe I got from the pharmacy.

Terry Porcaro said:
Laurie: Earlier this month, you were telling me about the liquid form of CoQ10 and supplied me with the link for purchasing it. Is this pleasant tasting or do you have to mix it with something to disguise the taste? How do you administer it to your son? I'm open to anyone's suggestions. Terry
Laurie Paschal said:
Thanks Laurie! It sounds like the taste isn't too bad. Terry

Laurie Paschal said:
It's an orange pineapple flavor. Sam has never balked at the taste. I've tasted it a bit and it's sweet, but really not bad at all. I've never once had to mix it with anything. I give it to him with a medicine syringe I got from the pharmacy.

Terry Porcaro said:
Laurie Paschal said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service