my grandson was diagonsed with ducheens..can anyone help me with health ins. avaiable to assist the parents or social security benefits both parents work but owe moneies for student loans and their bills are high...

Views: 52

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

private insurance will be primary, but each state is mandated by the Federal law "disabled child living at home". Suppossedly, your child can get medicade as a back up to your primary insurance regardless of income. Some states have a waiting list, like us...10 years!!!!! I live in Louisana. Where do you live? That info will help some from that state help you figure it out....
Sorry you have had to join us, but please know there is hope now (regardless of what the doc may have told you!!).
Lori
www.caringbridge.org/visit/seph
With both parents working most likely SSI is not eligible but Medicaid Waiver should help. I am in the process of obtaining one for my sone in Virginia
Lori Ware said:
private insurance will be primary, but each state is mandated by the Federal law "disabled child living at home". Suppossedly, your child can get medicade as a back up to your primary insurance regardless of income. Some states have a waiting list, like us...10 years!!!!! I live in Louisana. Where do you live? That info will help some from that state help you figure it out....
Sorry you have had to join us, but please know there is hope now (regardless of what the doc may have told you!!).
Lori
Lori Ware said:
Lori
dear lori thank you for your reply i live in nassau cty li n.y.my grandson has this illiness and i am trying to help my daughter with some of the health insurence .... thanks again stay hopeful and god bless these children Joann.....
Godbless said:
With both parents working most likely SSI is not eligible but Medicaid Waiver should help. I am in the process of obtaining one for my sone in Virginia
thank you for your help its been very difficult getting health care information for my daughter and grand son..
we live in nassau cty. L.I. N.Y. Joann

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service