Could someone who attended the conference summarize the info presented during research sessions? Any news about clinical trials, existing ones (Prosensa, MDEX) and upcoming (Summit's Utrophin upregulation, Byglican)?

Thanks,
Ofelia

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A summary would be so hard, since there was so much info! Things are moving ahead, with of course, safety at the top of this list. We had 2 hours of pharma presentations on Saturday, with positive news. I believe some presentations will be available on the site later in the month.
Any news about clinical trials other than what we already know: Prosensa's proof of principle completed, systemic delivery started May '08; MDEX proof of principle started Dec '07; Summit's utrophin upregulation scheduled to start '09.

What about MDEX/AVI systemic delivery for exon 51 (any news about their proof of principle?), Byglican, Losartan etc.???
Ofelia Marin said:
Any news about clinical trials other than what we already know: Prosensa's proof of principle completed, systemic delivery started May '08; MDEX proof of principle started Dec '07; Summit's utrophin upregulation scheduled to start '09.

What about MDEX/AVI systemic delivery for exon 51 (any news about their proof of principle?), Byglican, Losartan etc.???
I think we will all have specific things that we remember specifically; for me it is byglican will be in trial around the 2010-2011 timeframe with Summet's Utrophin within 18 mths. There is also Debio-025 from Cincinatti in conjunction with a Swiss lab that will be in the 2010 time frame as well. it was agreed by all that the answer is closer, but it will still be a cocktail...albeit a good one!
Lori Ware said:
Ofelia Marin said:

I think we will all have specific things that we remember specifically; for me it is byglican will be in trial around the 2010-2011 timeframe with Summet's Utrophin within 18 mths. There is also Debio-025 from Cincinatti in conjunction with a Swiss lab that will be in the 2010 time frame as well. it was agreed by all that the answer is closer, but it will still be a cocktail...albeit a good one!

I was under the impression that Summit's trial will start next year. 18 months is not what they told me 2 months ago. Also, last year Justin Fallon said that Byglican will be in trials in 18 months, that is why I expected that trial to start next year also. Did he say 2010-2011 now?
It looks like Summit is planning a 2009 clinical trail.

BioMarin and Summit plc Sign Worldwide Licensing Agreement for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Program

http://www.pharmalive.com/News/index.cfm?articleid=557720&categ...

NOVATO, CA, and OXFORD, UK, July 22, 2008 – BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (Nasdaq and SWX: BMRN) and Summit Corporation plc (AIM: SUMM) announced today that they have entered into an exclusive worldwide licensing agreement for Summit’s novel preclinical candidate SMT C1100 and all follow-on molecules, which are being developed to treat the fatal genetic disorder Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
the good thing about utrophin upregulation, since we already have this in our system, is that the initial trial in humans can be done with healthy subjects.
So where do we sign up:)

MicahsDaddy said:
the good thing about utrophin upregulation, since we already have this in our system, is that the initial trial in humans can be done with healthy subjects.
More details about Summit's C1100 and the deal with BioMarin can be found in the presentation here: http://www.investorcalendar.com/IC/CEPage.asp?ID=132320

-2-3 interesting slides about C1100
-clinical trial to start early 2009
-6 minute walk outcome measure to be used
-launch potential in 2011 IF everything goes well (BioMarin has good track record with orphan diseases, 3 other drugs for orphan diseases launched in 6 years)
-3 independent lab confirmations in Italy, US and UK of initial benefit of drug work
Hey everyone-

We hope to have slides up in the coming weeks, I will also be working on gettting podcasts of some of the sessions as well.

I'll be in touch!

Ryan
Podcasts would be great. Please try and get podcasts out here.

Ryan Fischer said:
Hey everyone-

We hope to have slides up in the coming weeks, I will also be working on gettting podcasts of some of the sessions as well.

I'll be in touch!

Ryan
Did I dream reading somewhere that the slides are up from the conference? I can't seem to find them on here anywhere.

Thanks,
Kristi

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service