So others before us have created "Run for our Sons" and "Kick for a cure." Cheryl and I are cooking up an idea that started from a seed planted by a friend. Our plan is to select a local, extremely plugged in local citizen, contact him or her (we have candidates in mind) and obtain the person's consent to be honored at a gala celebration. Invitees will include the usual suspects of local politicians, community leaders, and people who do business with and are influenced by the honoree. The honoree would be somebody who has actively raised money for the local electeds. As a result, some of them are likely to attend, which will attract people who want to get close to them. People pay thousands of dollars for such opportunities, and we would also seek sponsors from businesses that support whatever industry the honoree and his or her business associates participate in. What do we call this event? I've thought of "Honoring a Life to Save Lives," but it's a little clunky. Any suggestions for a name?

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a great idea!!!
We'll find out. To do it right will take a little time, but it's something that could be done everywhere.
Fantastic Rhiannon! We will certainly let you know what is happening. Could use the help! I don't see us beginning the planning stages until fall. When the kids return to school there is more time for extra stuff. Keep reminding me that you can help because I tend to forget things easily when there is a lot going on, and there is a lot going on.

thanks!
cheryl
what she said.

cheryl cliff said:
Fantastic Rhiannon! We will certainly let you know what is happening. Could use the help! I don't see us beginning the planning stages until fall. When the kids return to school there is more time for extra stuff. Keep reminding me that you can help because I tend to forget things easily when there is a lot going on, and there is a lot going on.

thanks!
cheryl
Hey Cliff and Cheryl,

What a great idea - as far as names go (and I don't know how you go for copyright etc) how about "Pay it Forward" (due to the fact that the proactive person you honour is enabling the fundraising to continue?)

If you went with that theme you could then also make it an annual gala, and have this years honourary person nominate three candidates for the next year....

Just a thought.... :-)
Hi Julie

I like your ideas! We will check on the theme of "pay it forward" in light of the past movie. I can't imagine they would have any problems with it but you never know. And, having the honored person nominate 3 others should work nicely!

thanks,
cheryl

Julie Gilmore said:
Hey Cliff and Cheryl,

What a great idea - as far as names go (and I don't know how you go for copyright etc) how about "Pay it Forward" (due to the fact that the proactive person you honour is enabling the fundraising to continue?)

If you went with that theme you could then also make it an annual gala, and have this years honourary person nominate three candidates for the next year....

Just a thought.... :-)
Not sure of a name for you, but I would try to find a way to plug "Duchenne" into it.

If I was an outsider to DMD, I would have no idea what "Run for our Sons", "Kick for a Cure", "Charley's Fund", "Jett Foundation", or even "PPMD" has to do with. I think "F.E.D.", "ActionDuchenne", and "CureDuchenne" have it right with having the disorders name in their title. Someone could see the name on a poster, sticker, car and remember "duchenne" and search it when they get home.

While typing this, I came up with:
"Uniting to End Duchenne",
"Let's End Duchenne", or,
along the lines of your thought, "Honoring a Life to Help End Duchenne" (plus or minus the Help).
MicahsDaddy said:
Not sure of a name for you, but I would try to find a way to plug "Duchenne" into it.

If I was an outsider to DMD, I would have no idea what "Run for our Sons", "Kick for a Cure", "Charley's Fund", "Jett Foundation", or even "PPMD" has to do with. I think "F.E.D.", "ActionDuchenne", and "CureDuchenne" have it right with having the disorders name in their title. Someone could see the name on a poster, sticker, car and remember "duchenne" and search it when they get home.

While typing this, I came up with:
"Uniting to End Duchenne",
"Let's End Duchenne", or,
along the lines of your thought, "Honoring a Life to Help End Duchenne" (plus or minus the Help).

I think Micah's Daddy is right when he says you need to find a way to include Duchenne. If you are wanting to raise awareness as well as funds, then the name needs to come into play. Our bicycle ride is called "The Tour Duchenne", named after The Tour De France. How about something like "Honour For Duchenne" or "(candidates name) For Duchenne"? Simple but to the point.
Paul,

This is a really great idea! I agree with Christian about having duchennes in the name.

Let us know what we can do to help.

All the best!

Julie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2022   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service