PPMD Community

Research (1,223)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trying to understand all this medical stuff...

My son, Aaron, was diagnosed with DMD a little more than two years ago now and of course I've spent a lot of time scouring the internet sin…

Started by Melanie

4 Sep 10, 2008
Reply by Melanie

Deletion

Unsure if anyone can help with my query, but my nephew was diagnosed with Duchenne 2 years ago and he has a deletion of 8-21. His biopsy sh…

Started by Eliane Khoury

20 Sep 3, 2008
Reply by Jeff Sobel

When or how do you apply for Medicare?

Does Medicare help with the care for Duchenne MD? We do have insurance, but with braces, MRI's and other tests we still have high medical b…

Started by Karen Jones

4 Sep 2, 2008
Reply by George Lossmann

Does anyone have advice on spinal surgery for our boys with DMD!

I have a friend in Florida with a 16yr. old son with DMD and the doctors have said he needs to have the spinal surgery and she wanted advic…

Started by jessica and gary fluaitt

4 Sep 2, 2008
Reply by George Lossmann

Point Mutation

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can help interpret my son's genetic report. I requested this from his doctor. She did originally give us…

Started by Donna

4 Sep 2, 2008
Reply by MicahsDaddy

Infra-red radiation

Hi all, Is anyone aware of a Phase 1 trial currently recruiting to look at 'the Efficacy of Using Far Infrared Radiation to Manage Muscula…

Started by Marks33

4 Aug 31, 2008
Reply by Marks33

CK level

Have you seen varying CK levels when tested at different labs? Carter was first diagnosed based on CK level last summer (first was 13k and…

Started by Rhiannon Ramkissoon

5 Aug 31, 2008
Reply by Kelvinsmom - Michelle

Anthony Castle started the drug 6 days ago

If anyone out there wants to follow the trial, what it's been like so far and the progress we see go to his blog on www.caringbridge.org/vi

Started by Jill Castle

6 Aug 27, 2008
Reply by cheryl cliff

Stem cells from wisdom teeth

Did anyone see this article? http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080822090616.cje0kojr&show_article=1 They can now create stem cel…

Started by Lori Ware

1 Aug 27, 2008
Reply by Bains

Ayurveda - Indian Age Old System Of Medicine

I have noticed some research articles about chinese herbs etc. So if one likes to look into all that is out there, Indian Ayurveda must be…

Started by Bains

0 Aug 26, 2008

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2018   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service