Physical Therapy (95)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sock suggestions for night splints

Wyatt will be getting his night splints next week. Any suggestions on what socks to use? I heard that their feet get really hot; Wyatt alre…

Started by Jessica Rownd

27 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Mary Helen Smith

Benefits of standing frame?

Hallo. My son is now 11 years old and has been in a wheelchair for 3 years. We live in Israel, and because tey are so expensive out here, w…

Started by Lisa Malka

2 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Samantha Dearing

Leg is giving out causing hard falls

My son Neel is going to be 3 next month. Since yesterday I have noticed that when he is walking that his left leg is giving out on him caus…

Started by Kulwant Pannu

3 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by Joshua's mom

Hippotherapy?

I was wondering if any of your boys benefitted from horse therapy or hippotherapy. In addition to his DMD related issues, my son does not h…

Started by Jennifer Collier

28 Jul 15, 2009
Reply by Lyndsey Manderfield

Leg Pain by the end of the day

My son is 2 1/2 and by the end of the day he is claiming that he has a hard time walking. He points to his thighs and says that it hurts an…

Started by Kulwant Pannu

6 Jun 9, 2009
Reply by Rosalie

Night Splints, what does your boys look like?

I was wondering what style night splints the boys out there are using. My boys just got new night splints and they look alot different than…

Started by Eileen DeLong

11 Jun 3, 2009
Reply by Eileen DeLong

Continually sore????

Do any of your wonderful boys complain about hurting all the time? Pain areas seem to move from the hips, to the arms, to the lower back, s…

Started by Mark Whiteley

2 May 30, 2009
Reply by Mark Whiteley

Aquatic therapy

Wyatt's physical therapist and I have been working on finding someone around us to do aquatic therapy. His PT has ordered a book, that she…

Started by Jessica Rownd

3 May 22, 2009
Reply by Jessica Rownd

Dynasplints for wrists/hands

My son is 23 with DMD. We are aggressively stretching wrists and finger joints under the care of our OT, but contractions seem to be winnin…

Started by Kippi Harraid

2 May 21, 2009
Reply by Kippi Harraid

IEP goals for PT

Hello, everyone! We are getting ready to revise our son's IEP next week. One thing we need to change is the goals for PT. Originally his IE…

Started by Danelle Dickerson

2 May 14, 2009
Reply by carrie

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service