Physical Therapy (95)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Physiothearapy for 4 year old with Duchenne

The question I have is regarding how often my son of 4 should have a dedicated physiotherapy session. Currently we visit a physiothearapist…

Started by Angelique

3 Apr 29, 2014
Reply by Angelique

Fractured hip

Hi all, my son, Kyle is 21 yrs old and was diagnosed with DMD when he was 5. We put him on deflazacort when he was in grade 1 and it has ke…

Started by Carolyn Lefferson

0 Dec 27, 2013

POSITIVE results with a new therapy

My son Lance has DMD.  For the last year we have been doing an experimental therapy.  Lance is the ONLY person in the country - probably th…

Started by Christine Marie Pierce

0 Dec 14, 2013

power plate / whole body vibration

Does anyone have any information on the power plate, using whole body vibrations to stimulate the brain and muscles in our boys?  I am wond…

Started by Michael Fox

7 Jan 1, 2013
Reply by Anitha

Band that stretches heel chords

Does anyone know the name of the band that stretches around the back and feet while sitting in upright position on floor which is supposed…

Started by Michelle Gonzales

3 Nov 27, 2012
Reply by Anup Kalra

Hamstring stretching devices?

Is there any specific brace/splint that people are using specifically for hamstrings? I am aware of NADA Chair that was discussed here. Is…

Started by amit gupta

1 Oct 22, 2012
Reply by Anitha

Stretches

My son Tyler has been complaining more and more of his thigh muscles tightening up.  Are there any stretches that I should be doing to help…

Started by Vickie Bielefeldt

15 Aug 28, 2012
Reply by Trinh Nguyen

Night Splints

We are in Florida and having a really hard time finding a company that can make the night splints for Daniel correctly. We have had 3 diffe…

Started by DanielsDad

14 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by Tom

Physical Therapy Book

Hi, all, I am looking for a book called Physical Therapy Management of Muscular Dystrophy by MaryBeth Deering.  Our school's pt asked me to…

Started by Danelle Dickerson

7 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Claire Diemler

Leg cramps

It is not common, but 3 times this year my son has experienced leg cramps in the calf. They are severe! It takes 20 minutes or so to subsid…

Started by David

7 Dec 31, 2011
Reply by Marla Swope

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2018   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service