PPMD Community

General Discussion (315)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is Melatonin helpful for duchenne boys to have better nights?

Does anyone know of any helpful and safe product that allows the boys to have less disturbed nights?  My son is waking up 3 or 4 times a ni…

Started by Sharon & Dave Holgate

0 Apr 24, 2017

sleeping comfortably

My 14 year old is waking up 3 or 4 times a night.  Does anyone have any advice about beds that make the boys more comfortable?  I have hear…

Started by Sharon & Dave Holgate

0 Apr 24, 2017

Large in frame deletion of exon 3 to 29

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and hoping for some insight from fellow parents with children who have large in frame deletions. My s…

Started by Shaynee Ferguson

7 Apr 13, 2017

Duchenne deletion 8-18

Hello everybody, my nephew is just 1 years old and has been very recently diagnosied with a Duchenne deletion exon from 8 to eighteen. He s…

0 Mar 31, 2017

Weight loss

Its been a while, but Im looking for advice from others experiences in regards to medications to give weight loss.  William is now 11.5 an…

Started by Jonathan

1 Feb 8, 2017
Reply by Sampreet

Beckers Type MD

Is the new drug - Eteplirsen - also approved for Becker's Type MD?

Started by Terry Ann Attaway

2 Oct 12, 2016
Reply by Nadja

Is there a specific bed or mattess that is recommended to help with sleep

Does anyone recommend a specific bed or mattress to help my son sleep? We are having to turn him over at least six times per night, he is 1…

Started by Johnny

2 Sep 7, 2016
Reply by Michelle Scaglione

Does the state of Florida and Tennessee offer acceptable assistance for Duchenne patients?

I am looking at a possible move to Florida (or Tennessee) from Ohio. My son is 16 and has Duchenne MD. We want to keep him in Ohio till hig…

Started by ana das

0 Sep 6, 2016

Trying to reach out to parents in Louisiana:)

Hi, Im looking for parents to touch base with in Louisiana. My son is 9 years old and was diagnosed at 3. We were pretty much given the dia…

Started by Brandy Sonnier

2 Aug 1, 2016
Reply by Brandy Sonnier

Help getting referral from Southern CA Insurance Kaiser Permanente to Center for DMD at UCLA

We live close to the Center for DMD at UCLA and want to get referral to have our son treated there. We have the HMO insurance provider Kais…

Started by Chris

0 Jul 29, 2016

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

© 2018   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service