Education (198)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Test for evaluating learning disablity

Hi guys, Jasdeep (6 yr old, in kindergarten) was evaluated with the typical educational assessment by the school psychologosit and scored a…

Started by Amrit

9 Jul 23, 2014
Reply by David

writing assignments

ok well we are having issues at school this year, we moved to a different school district the beginning of this school year, my son is in 4…

Started by Sara Savalli

8 Jul 5, 2014
Reply by wainaina muiruri

Early Literacy Intervention

Hey guys. Our son is 6, in first grade, and is struggling with a lot of what I'm finding are common academic/cognitive issues with kids wi…

Started by Chad Campbell

3 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by Aimee Ealy

Question about gonadal mosaicism

Is it hereditary? From what I can tell, a gonadal mosaic happens when a mutation occurs in an early stage of embryonic development, so that…

Started by Maggie

4 Feb 10, 2014
Reply by Janine

Non Carrier Mother with 3 sons living with DMD!

Dear Friends, Can anyone help me make sense of this! We have three sons diagnosed with DMD since November 2012 - Our sons are now 8 (dupl…

Started by PAULA KERR

4 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by PAULA KERR

Fat Embolism

We just found out of a huge danger to DMD kids that we were previously unaware. A Fat Embolism is when fat from inside the bone is released…

Started by Fred Luchetti

4 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Kathi Kinnett

College Transition

I am currently a junior in high school with DMD and I am working an independent study in school in which I hope to create a handbook of sor…

Started by Tayjus Surampudi

12 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by Fred Luchetti

Technology for Writing

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of preparing for my last IEP before Middle School (!).  My 11 year old son will be entering middle school…

Started by Linda Currier

5 Oct 26, 2013
Reply by Janine

Exon deletion of 47 and 48

My son who is now 6 years old and in last may we found that his two exons has been deleted i.e. no 47 and 48. I wanted to know is there any…

Started by Parimal Khade

3 Aug 29, 2013
Reply by mehrzad haidari

To Trach or not...Your thoughts?

Both of my sons lung function has decreased, and the younger of the two (14) had pneumonia last fall. The pulmonologist is adament about ha…

Started by Mortman

18 Jun 19, 2013
Reply by Adele

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service