PPMD Community

Accessibility and Disability Issues (261)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

anyone 20 years or older with DMD still walking?

im 20 years old and still walking yes i do have DMD... i was just wondering is there anyone else my age still walking?

Started by Dakota Ferrazzi

13 Aug 4, 2016
Reply by Bernardo A. Iriberri

Permobil F3 vs AmySystems

I am in the process of getting a new chair and wanted to know what peoples' experiences have been with the Permobil F3 or the AmySystems an…

Started by Tayjus Surampudi

0 Jul 24, 2016

Foldable Electric Wheelchair travel in Italy

We are taking a trip to italy in a month and trying to decide if we should take our sons power chair or manual chair. Recently I saw a "fol…

Started by Art

1 Jul 4, 2016
Reply by Archana

Suggestions for power wheelchair

Dear All, Please kindly help with some ideas /advises .My son is almost 12 , and he is getting weaker and weaker every day. For now we use…

Started by Andreea Vasiliu

2 Dec 10, 2015
Reply by Luis Cordero

Home Accommodations

Dear New Friends, Our 10 year old grandson has been diagnosed with DMD, Exxon 51. He is still ambulatory now but we are wondering what kind…

Started by Pam Little

0 Sep 18, 2015

portable lift recommendations

Hi, Carson is now 16yrs old and is 130 lbs. Because he now weighs the same as me it's been difficult for me to lift him. I tend to pass the…

Started by cindy curr

5 Aug 13, 2015
Reply by Angela Bourgeois

Best way to shop for Handicap Van

Hi, I am in the beginning process of purchasing an accessible van and I am totally confused.  Is it better to buy a regular van first and t…

Started by Lisa Groeger

11 Aug 10, 2015
Reply by Maria Lescot

Hospital bed

My son is 13 years old and has been non-ambulatory for 2 years now. I think it is time to get him a hospital bed and wanted to see what you…

Started by Gwen Pollack

1 Aug 7, 2015
Reply by Darren Mulligan

portable Mechanical Ventilator

This is my 60's day in the "ICU" because my last respiratory fail after an flu  now iam breathing via mechanical ventilator , that would he…

Started by ameer h. anan

2 May 6, 2015
Reply by Michelle Scaglione

Suggestions for transferring to aircraft seat

My son is not comfortable with manual transfers recently and hence I use hoyer lift for all transfers. Any suggestions on how I can transfe…

Started by Prasad Surampudi

0 Mar 21, 2015

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Events

© 2018   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service